Founded in 1892, Randolph-Macon Academy is a co-ed boarding and day school for approximately 400 students in grades 6-12. The foundational principles of the Academy are: Knowledge, Leadership, and Character. The Upper School is built on a military (AFJROTC) format; the Middle School is civilian. R-MA is focused on providing strenuous college-prep academics, a structured environment, strong athletics, and a full range of extracurricular activities. The Academy operates the Nation's only full time high-school flight program.
The President is responsible for and must be committed to the mission of the Academy: "R-MA is the co-ed college-preparatory, military school of choice in the world for families seeking a values-based and academically challenging, prep-school environment."
* Manages the day-to-day business of the Academy
* Ensure financial health and viability of the Academy; lead fundraising efforts
* Lead the Academy's academic programs, enrollment, and institutional development efforts
* Hire and support all employees - faculty, staff, and support
* Responds to the Board of Trustees vision/mission; participates in community activities
* Coordinates with alumni/ae, parents, supporters and friends of the school
Experience and Credentials:
* Master's degree required
* US Air Force affiliation preferred
* Proven ability to lead and operate an organization
* Private, boarding school experience preferred but not required
Personal and Professional Qualities:
* Passion for students is a MUST
* Strong leadership skills and values-based person
* Ability to work cooperatively with constituents
* Excellent communication problem solving and conflict resolution skills
* Appreciation and support of military culture, values and protocols
This position offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Candidates are invited to visit our web site for more information about the school at www.rma.edu.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to: email@example.com or to Randolph-Macon Academy, Director of Human Resources, 200 Academy Drive, Front Royal, VA 22630. Application deadline is 31 January 2013, however, the Board of Directors reserves the right to hire a strong candidate in advance of the closing date. EOE.